Tuesday, December 02, 2014

gift guide : handmade

Let's celebrate the makers this Christmas and support those who create for a living. These are some of my favourite picks from Etsy*; practical pieces that are made with love and care. 

If you're in Sydney from December 4th-7th make sure you pop into David Jones on Elizabeth St and check out Unwrap Etsy - an etsy pop-up shop featuring 40 Australian makers, crafters and artisans. One of the creatives is local-to-me Lauren Merrick who will be selling her gorgeous gift wrap, notebooks, Christmas cards and prints. 

1. Scalloped stoneware planter for leafy, green succulents. 2. For broth drinkers and soup slurpers, this gorgeous porcelain bowl from Belinism is a keeper. 3. Especially for those in the North, the sweetest crochet slippers to warm your toes this Christmas. 4. I adore everything from Kanimbla Clay (based in the Blue Mountains of NSW), especially this rosemary leaf dish. 5. a Little House vase, perfect for blooms in a little house. 6. Handmade in Melbourne using organic cotton and hemp, the entire range of herb and food bags from Harvest Haversack eliminate the need for plastic coming shopping day. 7. Succulent Decals from the wonderful Love Mae collection. 8. Always Rooney has some gorgeous things for the travelling folk. 9. One of my favourite Australian etsy stores, Willowynn creates soft toys and sculptures inspired by nature - whales, snails, moths, rabbits and owls, to name a few. 10. Handmade in Sydney, this striped backpack is practical and timeless. 11. a sophisticated carryall from Moop (who have 10% off till Dec 5th with the code MOOPBF). 12. a stunning kimono robe from the collection at Eco-friendly Beauty.

Need more gift inspiration? See my past gift guides here.

*as an Etsy affiliate I receive a small commission from any purchases made through these links.


3 COMMENTS

  1. I love the carryall bag ( even if I think is too big for my current necessities). I like the grey !
    The Kimono is so beautiful but I know I would never use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just got me into all sorts of trouble as I (almost) have 4 children and I fell in love with the softies at Willowynn! xx

    ReplyDelete

© 2014 Jodi Wilson. You may not take images or content from this site without written permission.