Friday, October 31, 2014

gift guide : stylish summer

My wish-list This gift guide was, I admit, an absolute joy to collate. Whilst our summers can be harsh and uncomfortable, there's no denying that for the most part, they are very enjoyable. Blue skies and salt air, the beckoning ocean and cicadas' song - what's not to love?

I hope this collection of summer-inspired goodness inspires.

1. Surprisingly, it's rather difficult to find a beautiful hat but this handmade raffia number is a winner. 2. I can't believe it took so long for someone to design a round beach towel. 3. I got a turkish towel last year and used it almost everyday. Adore this shade of grey. 4. A linen dress that can take you from the beach to a dinner date (this design is incredibly flattering, especially under the arms). 5. I love having red lips but don't often bother with lipstick - this organic rose-tinted lip blush is my current favourite (and makes a fabulous stocking filler). 6. I don't wear perfume but Aesop's Marrakech fragrance is to die for - hints of neroli, jasmine, sandalwood, cedarwood and bergamot. 7. Because is there anything better than coming home from the beach and having an afternoon nap on organic floral sheets? 8. A market basket with long handles - the best beach bag for parents. 9. tan sandals - a summer must-have. I love these and these.


12 COMMENTS

  1. Beautiful things, just way out of my budget! I know organic sheets are lovely but at this price? I wonder why they have to be quite so expensive? Sometimes I think that there are indeed so many lovely things out there just unaffordable for the average person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Organic anything is expensive so I suppose you do have to pick and choose what your priorities are. And I know for a fact that when a designer/brand chooses to use organic fabrics they aren't making as much of a profit. I posted a photo on instagram yesterday of my collection of op-shop cotton sheets. The cotton of yesteryear, regardless of the fact that it wasn't organic, was much better quality - it washes and wears so well!

      If you are after eco-friendly products on a budget I do have a post coming up in a few weeks time that will suit you. x

      Delete
    2. Jodi thanks for such a quick reply - looking forward to your products on a budget post!!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely beautiful selections as always Jodi! I think I'll be adding one or two under the Christmas tree for myself amongst all of the gifts for others. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. That towel is stunning! I also love the dress, i got lucky the other day & scored a similar linen one at an opshop for 20 cents! I thought exactly the same as you, perfect for summer days or it can be dressed up for nights out (if that ever happens!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely things, great for very special occasion purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely selection, but wow - I payed a fraction for my greek sandals!
    http://greek-sandals.com/Women-Leather-Sandals/Classic-Natural-Sandals/Sandal-two-Leather-Straps-close-back/p-93-95-603/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you for sharing! They're exactly the same! x

      Delete
  6. Jodie, we have great taste :) I did a style board with the same 'roundie' towel. I'm with you can't believe it took someone so long to design, they are the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a roundie in the original aztec design, which I got for my birthday last summer. I adore it. Now that they have new designs, I'd love another! Roundie collection perhaps? x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's the same impression that I get, after turning 30 it's all different, you become calmer in some way. I don't wear make up anymore or if I do it's much less than in the past and I like myself more :) cliche or not, it's a great thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Turkish towels! We've bought ours from here (she has an amazing range!) http://thewanderingeye.bigcartel.com/

    Love that they dry so quickly (even in my tiny bathroom) and that they don't collect pile of sand!!

    ReplyDelete

© 2014 Jodi Wilson. You may not take images or content from this site without written permission.