Sunday, December 02, 2012

the creatives | a photography and writing workshop

A few months ago, on a rather ordinary day, I received three emails. After the general hello and introduction, each email asked the very same question: "Would you consider running a photography/writing workshop with Tim Coulson?" I just couldn't ignore that kind of serendipity..... 

I'm giddy to announce that Tim and I have created a one-day workshop to inspire the storyteller within you. Together we will share what we know about photography and writing; how we document experiences, the importance of intuition and the technical aspects involved. 

We'll spend the day chatting about the following:
  • recording the experience - why and how Tim shoots (why he never orchestrates his subjects) as well as some tips for shooting on manual
  • emotional shooting - how to connect with your subject and get amazing photos in return
  • gathering inspiration and observing moments - why I love writing and my note taking process 
  • threading words together - how to engage the reader, share your thoughts and eloquently express ideas
  • the experience - a live shoot using your new-found photography and writing knowledge - find the story and document your experience 
  • theory - how and why we choose specific shots, creating a sequential story and writing to bring it all together
  • q & a - we're happy to answer all of your questions (about photography, writing and blogging)
The Details:

This is a workshop for people passionate about documenting their everyday; those who want to improve and broaden their photography and writing skills. 

The workshops will be held in Sydney (location to be confirmed) on the following days:

  • Friday, 3rd May 2013
  • Friday, 26th July 2013

We'll meet up at 9am and work together till 6pm. A decadent lunch and afternoon tea will be provided, as well as drinks and pick-me-up snacks. To reserve your spot email me - jodiclairewilson@yahoo.com.au

Hopefully chat to you soon...........


35 COMMENTS

  1. This is amazing. Emailing you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, why do i have to live in texas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing I was much, much closer. *sigh* Bringing you two together is going to be pure magic for anyone involved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so much on at the moment, but this sounds like perfection! Can't wait to hear about it, and hopefully there are more in the future. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sound of this- I've just emailed you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My baby will still be too young for me to be away from her for a full day, I hope you'll do more later in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh crikey. You guys. Seriously. So want to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous idea! And once you have the Sydney workshops done and are riding high on the success of those, hopefully there will be Melbourne workshops too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just emailed you lovely girl! I am so very excited. Wishing you a delicious Sunday arvo x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So excited that you took up the suggestion...you have mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how exciting. I'll be emailing once the children are sleeping x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how lovely and very inviting. If I lived in sydney (or at least in NSW rather than Alice Springs) I'd be there. With my newborn.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! I couldn't think of a better combination! having been at Tim's Nursery in Melbourne this would be amazing to also have your expertise too Jodi! What an opportunity! Wishing you all the best with your adventure xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is amazing. Will email you tomorrow. Za

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a beautiful opportunity you are both creating Jodi. Wishing I was a Sydney-sider. I will just pop my name down on my imaginary list for Melbourne one day ;)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If all goes well we'll set a date for Melbourne soon ;) x

      Delete
  16. Have you thought of doing an online workshop? Or coming to Brisbane?

    http://iliska-dreams.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm with Iliska any chance of coming to Brisbane or the sunshine coast?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are just focusing on Sydney for now but we're more than happy to consider Melbourne, Brisbane etc if there is the interest x

      Delete
  18. I have a feeling this is going to be VERY popular. Hoping you may make it to NZ - we have nothing like this for the blogging community here. The very best of luck to you for your new venture. Elaina

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fabulous idea- and what talent in one room!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh that sounds fabulous! I wish I could come... maybe I could?! xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. congrats - I have no doubt it will be amazing, hope i can make the next one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fantabulous partnership!! x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This a such a lovely and great idea!! I am so sad I will only be in Australia in february/march this year... Maybe next time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just to add to the ideas... any chance of an online version - i.e. recording the different segments from the Sydney workshops as video and then offering them as a set or individually?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Crossing my fingers there are places left! Just emailed you. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  26. Would love to attend something like this...maybe when it comes to Melbourne???

    ReplyDelete
  27. hi jodi... i hope you are well... i just wondered if you had any plans to do one of these workshops again? charlotte x

    ReplyDelete

© 2014 Jodi Wilson. You may not take images or content from this site without written permission.