Thursday, February 05, 2015

the best sweet + spicy juice

Freshly squeezed juice is a staple in our home, not least because I can hide a multitude of green vegies amongst sweet in-season fruits. When fussy eating is rife I find much contentment in knowing that a bunch of kale has made its way into little bellies. 

However, I honestly believe that less is more when it comes to winning fresh juice combos. I know the green smoothie bandwagon promotes an often daunting list of ingredients and most juice bars revel in their extensive range of fresh product but...sometimes three ingredients is all you need. 

I wholeheartedly understood the value of a simple, fresh juice when we were in Bali. Basically, you have never truly experienced the joy of juice until you have sipped it on the Island of the Gods. Strawberry and lime juice - unbelievable! Papaya and mango juice - worthy of a mention on a postcard.

But my very favourite recipe (if you can call it that) was given to me by my naturopath a few years ago. This sweet and spicy concoction is a wonderful digestive aid and is best sipped before the evening meal. As a bonus, it satisfies sweet cravings and cleanses the palate


pineapple
mint
ginger

Quantities aren't required; fresh juice is best when you follow ingredient intuition.


8 COMMENTS

  1. This sounds delicious! What juicer do you have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a juicepresso. Whilst a little expensive, it works wonders as the residue is minimal and basically comes out dry (so you know all the goodness is going into the juice) x

      Delete
  2. That sounds wonderful..........me....it's the "green" that puts me off drinking a green juice...give me a strawberry one which is pink and I'll happily digest it. I should give that a go. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds wonderful..........me....it's the "green" that puts me off drinking a green juice...give me a strawberry one which is pink and I'll happily digest it. I should give that a go. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sounds delicious! what a great idea, we'll have to try it out asap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm ginger! My favourite! I adore it with orange too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So simple and yet sounds so delicious (pineapple juice is one of my favorites... it's so underrated)! Making your own juice can be such a hassle sometimes, so I'm all for the simple recipes. Thank you for sharing... must try sometime :)

    ReplyDelete

© 2014 Jodi Wilson. You may not take images or content from this site without written permission.