Friday, July 11, 2014

in other places

mid-winter sunset 
incoming waves touch their toes
now they've got wet socks

Love a little haiku. 

I've been writing for most of the week hence I'm a little behind on reading. However, there has been a few articles that have stayed with me long after I finished them:

Parenting Lessons from Waldorf/Steiner (no, it's not all hippy la-la, it's actually incredibly insightful)
Is modern-day parenting in crisis? This nanny thinks so. 
Do parenting blogs put women off motherhood? An interesting perspective and one I hadn't previously considered (I hope I'm not putting you off motherhood!).

...and also:

natural products to eliminate mould
love a good stripe
paper animals and make your own penguin
spelt crepes (and that kitchen window!)
southwestern corn and sweet potato soup - YUM.

And just like that...the weekend. I'll be savouring these last few days of school holidays whilst aiming to get (relatively) organised for the new school term. You?


7 COMMENTS

  1. My weekend isn't here just yet, but preparations are already underway. I'll be making a floral arrangement and illustrated card for the memorial service of a dear family friend. I loved the Waldorf post, I once thought of being a Waldorf teacher but I realized teaching children is not my path, it's still such a rewarding career and wonderful lifestyle. How long are children's school holiday in Australia (I'm in the States)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both the parenting articles are lovely. It is a difficult balance, to follow your child when it comes to development but reign them in with behaviour. I struggle with this daily. My Montessori background helps me understand why the tantrums are happening - age of order etc but I still have to try to not reward diva behaviour. I want her to choose the daily activity so her interests are encouraged, but I don't want her to believe she is the boss. Tricky this parenting stuff! Have a great end of your holidays xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love, love, love winter at the beach. I think it's my favourite time of year to go. Thank you for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like these posts Jodi. It's fun going on a little click around the www :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what are your tips for preparing for school starting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jodi for the link up. Ruth's kitchen window view, I know. So beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for those links! Will be thoroughly 'stalking' The wholefood mama's page from now on for inspiration ;)

    ReplyDelete

© 2014 Jodi Wilson. You may not take images or content from this site without written permission.