Thursday, April 08, 2010

about me (7 things) + Kreative blog award

i choose you!

Checks and Spots awarded me a Kreative Blog Award (about 6 weeks ago) and I'm only just getting around to my half of the deal - write seven things about myself. So, here goes:


1. I have a very small vocabulary considering my profession as writer/journalist. Daniel thinks this is a blessing because it means I speak everyone's language.

2. I don't have wisdom teeth - which could be the sole reason for number 1.

3. I've never been drunk. Partly due to the fact that I don't enjoy the taste of alcohol, mostly due to the fact that I start to feel queasy after a few sips. This could classify me as "cheap drunk".

4. I loathe facebook and can't understand why people feel the need to tell the world about what's on their sandwich.

5. I experienced the most crippling homesickness while alone in Paris. I sat in Notre Dame for two hours and cried. I came home a short time later.

6. Today I got all the way to the bank in the shopping centre and realised I had left my wallet at home.

7. On my second trip to the shopping centre (and this was before 10am) Ché and I got out of the car and were just about at the shops when a rather lovely young man pulled up beside me. Conversation is as follows:

Him: "Ah, excuse me?"
Me: "Yes."
Him: "Was there anyone else getting out of your car?"
Me: (slightly confused) "Um, no"
Him: "Oh, it's just that you left your car door open."
Me: (blushing, bumbling, pretty convinced I've lost my mind) "Oh, thanks. Thanks soooo much."

I walk back to my car and yes, the door is wide open. Thankfully the most valuable item in my car is a piece of leftover hot cross bun. Disappointedly, no-one had taken it.

I'm giving these lovely ones a kreative blog award: leigh, fliss, emma, rach, amber, megan andkatie


12 COMMENTS

  1. hot cross bun / see how they run

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been a fan. After reading No. 7, I'm a bigger fan now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it makes you feel any better my husband always says, "Babe, Did you even go to third grade?" Sweet post. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet list. I loathe facebook too. That's why I like blogging, it's more personal :) xx

    PS. If I were around, I would have taken your hot cross bun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That car door story is a pretty classic one. I have been known to leave lights on, the car running, trunks open... you name it. I am so focused on just getting out I forget to shut everything up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh jod's thank you....very sweet.
    Will play along...lots of love. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am the same for 1. and 2. although am an illustrator not a writer. My man is learning English and often asks the meaning of certain English words. He is astounded by how often I respond, "Hmmm, I don't really know!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jodi ... life has its moment, does it not? Thank you so much for the award. It's so terribly unsociable of me, but I won't add my seven things. I am really bad at thinking of them. Agonise over them. I'll just enjoy what the others come up with.
    Thank you though. I hope you're enjoying this glorious autumn weather. Sigh. My garden makes me grin every time I step out into it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my gosh apart from homesick in paris(homesick...anywhere else) and the last one, I can answer the same on all. eery

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my gosh apart from homesick in paris(homesick...anywhere else) and the last one, I can answer the same on all. eery

    ReplyDelete

© 2014 Jodi Wilson. You may not take images or content from this site without written permission.